Sunday, May 15, 2022

Sheldon Riley does Australia proud in Eurovision Grand Final


Source: Eurovision Song Contest

Australia’s Sheldon Riley has placed 15th in the 2022 Eurovision Song Contest Grand Final.

Sheldon took to the stage to perform his emotive and powerful Eurovision song Not The Same alongside 25 Grand Finalists from competing nations.  

The scores of the voting juries and viewing public in 40 countries including

Australia were combined for the official results. 

Kalush Orchestra from Ukraine was crowned 2022 Eurovision winner with their song Stefania being awarded 631 points. The United Kingdom took out second place, and Spain in third place.

Sheldon Riley said:

“This has been the most incredible experience of my entire life. It’s all I ever wanted. I got to meet everyone that I’ve watched for years and years. I got to meet Conchita today, which was amazing. I was told for such a long time that this was never going to be possible, so I didn’t care where I placed, as long as I got here and that I got to the Grand Final. My performance was received so well by the room and it means the absolute world. This is everything I could have dreamed of. Eurovision is more than a competition, it’s a moment that I needed to check off my list. I don’t think there are many people in the world that have been told so strongly that weren’t able to achieve something and actually went on to do it. I couldn’t be more proud of myself. Coming from a country that didn’t get to qualify through to the Grand Final last year, I’ve been able to travel to so many countries through this experience, and fulfilled my Eurovision dream - not many people get to say that. I’m also, very very happy Ukraine won!”

If you missed Sheldon Riley’s Grand Final performance LIVE on SBS this morning, tune into the primetime broadcast tonight at 7.30pm on SBS, with commentary from Myf Warhurst and Joel Creasey including backstage interviews with artists, all the behind the scenes action from the contest.   

#SBSEurovision #Eurovision

For more information: sbs.com.au/Eurovision

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Articles